Hey there folks!
UK Shop Release
First up; it seems that the crazy-pants weather in the US has stalled shipping for Find to Europe, & possibly rest of the world. Which sucks.
As soon as I know more details, I’ll throw them up here, on Facebook & on Twitter so you can know when to run out & get it!
Sorry for the delay, my European comic people.
But even though Find might not be out quite yet, Comixtribe are releasing the collected edition of And Then Emily Was Gone, which you MUST check out! All those involved (John Lees, Iain Laurie, Megan Wilson, Colin Bell) have dropped career-best work on this, so make sure you get involved.
Since Find hit the shelves in North America & online we’ve been lucky enough to garner a bunch of super-nice reviews!
I’ve collected them all here, including those I’ve posted before, with the latest (I think…) at the top;
- Jeff Marsick for the mighty Newsarama‘s Best Shots said HERE of Find; “one of the best books of the year so far” & awarded it 9 out of 10 (!!!), which completely blew everyone involved in the book away! Thank you so much, Jeff!
- On Reading With a Flight Ring, Find was called “the one shot story to beat for the remainder of the year.” Whoa; awesome!
- At Need To Consume, JCDoyle commented that “Find is a totally enjoyable read“, & you can read the rest of his lovely review HERE.
- Graphic Policy‘s Brett Schenker recommend Find as a ‘Buy’, & that it “stands out as my favorite debut of 2015 so far“; you can read more of Brett’s really kind words HERE.
- Rodrigo Lopez over at Major Spoilers included Find in his Staff Picks of the Week; you’ll see it just next to the awesome Gotham Academy!
- In Comics Bulletin‘s 140 Character Reviews Aaron Meyers said of Find “Enjoyed the art and a great story that is familiar and fresh at the same time.”
- John Amenta for Pop Culture Uncovered gave Find 4 out of 5 stars in his review HERE, saying of Alex & me; “These are two names to keep an eye out for.” Thanks, John; really appreciate that!
- Enjoyed a great chat with Paul Mirek about Find for Broken Frontier which you can read HERE, & Paul also chose Find as one of his staff picks of that week too.
- On Comics Anonymous, Gary Watson said Find was “a great one-shot”; you can read his review HERE.
- Craig Neilson for Big Comic Page reviewed Find HERE, calling it “highly, highly recommended“.
- I also spoke with Craig about Find, my other comics & a whole lot more; you can read all that HERE.
- Brad from Bag & Bored reviewed Find HERE, & said that with it that “ComixTribe once again hits the ground running.“
- On Comic Crusaders Adam Cadmon said “If you’re in the market or a feel good story, something light-hearted to take a break from the more intense subject matter, you won’t find a better book” in his review that you’ll find HERE.
- & Steve Morris was kind enough to review it for his site The Spire just HERE, saying “I was really impressed by the way the creative team chose to tell the story“; thank you very much, Steve!
Phew; that was a lot of articles!
As always; I want to extend my gratitude to all those who took the time to review Find & speak with me, & am so pleased that everyone seemed to really enjoy it. & if you know of, have done or are planning to review Find; hit me up, & I’ll share it around!
On top of these great articles, Nick & Gary at Bill’s Books & More in Canton, Ohio USA had some kind words about Find in their video round-up of this week’s releases, with Nick selecting it as his pick of the week; thanks, Nick!
Make sure if you’re in their neighbourhood you pop into Bill’s Books & More, grab some of the good stuff, & tell them I sent you!
& all this talk of retailers leads nicely to…
North American Stockists!
Yes, while the horrid weather might have held up Find‘s arrival in the rest of the world (apart from for digital readers), comic fans in the US & Canada have been able to pop down their local shop & see Find waiting for them on their shelves!
Thanks to my pals across the pond I’ve been able to compile a list of CONFIRMED locations that are stocking us, so I hope you’ll all get down to or use mail order to sell these lovely folks out of Find!
- The lovely folks at the aforementioned Bill’s Books & More, Canton, Ohio (USA) – Twitter & Facebook
- Jesse James Comics, Glendale, Arizona (USA) – Twitter, Website & Facebook (these guys do free hotdogs on Wednesdays?! Awesome!)
- Merrymac Games & Comics, Merrimack, New Hampshire (USA) – Facebook
- The ace-sounding Dragon’s Lair, San Antonio, Texas (USA) – Facebook & Website
- & Midtown Comics, New York City, New York have Find listed on their site HERE, so should be available there too!
A huge, HUGE thank you from me, & all those involved with the book to all the stores listed above, & anyone else who has stocked it too – if you’ve seen it in your local store, or are a store who are getting it in, wherever you might be in the world; get in touch, & I’ll get the word out.
Working in comics retail, I realise the chance taken by stores in picking up Find, & want to make sure they sell out wherever they’ve been ordered; I hope the positive reviews & any interested customers we can point towards those who’ve got it in can help that!
So, there you go; a mammoth post for this chilly season. Hope you all can root out some Find over the weekend & next week, & if you do; hit me up on Twitter & Facebook (heck; I’m even on Instagram now) to tell me what you think!
Till then; adiós muchachos!